When it comes to fitness, it’s essential that your body get the right amount of nourishment and care. However, most people forget to stay hydrated which puts their bodies in the danger zone. Are you one of them?
For instance, did you know that:
- You can do serious damage to your body by not drinking enough water — organ failure or unconsciousness is not uncommon.
- Dehydration can cause migraines and headaches which impair your work and lead to accidents.
- When you substitute water with liquids that contain high amounts of sugar, dehydration can occur quicker.
- Tea, coffee, alcohol and other common beverages are actually dehydrating (no matter how satisfying they taste).
- Medical experts recommend drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water every day.
- When working out, constantly hydrate your body before you feel thirsty.
- By the time you feel thirst, you’re already dehydrated. Sit in the shade, rest and re-hydrate STAT!
- Drinking water can keep you energized, active and in shape.
Keep track of your water intake.
If you’re not drinking at the times listed below, set an alarm on your smartphone or watch until it becomes habit.
- Drink at least one glass every 1-2 hours. Drink a full glass upon awakening and before and after each meal.
- Drink water before you leave home and again when you return.
- Carry a water bottle with you, so you’re not reliant on finding a source — and so you won’t fall prey to a sugary drink.
- Carry a bottle of water with you on all activities, indoor or outdoor — and refill it often.