Staying Motivated to Achieve Your Fitness Goals
Staying motivated is tough but you can do it!
When going through any fitness and weight loss program you will at some point find it hard staying motivated and on plan. Most of the time, weight loss goals fail because you really didn’t think the plan all the way through.
The trick is to create a realistic plan and stick with it. Think baby steps and mini goals that keep you on track and moving forward by keeping you accountable with measured progress. The most important factor is to consider the different challenges or obstacles in advance. Most people who anticipate the hurdles can also come up with ways to overcome such challenges.
Success tips for building motivation & momentum:
- Schedule your workouts and activities, actually put it in your calendar and set the reminder. Start with 2 to 3 workouts a week, and add more activity as you go. Add a daily walk, run or ride, and aim for a daily sweat session to get your body moving every day.
- Find an activity you enjoy, its easier to stick to something you enjoy doing.
- Get better at it; track your progress, maybe enter a contest. For example if you enjoy running, join a group, or run a race, better yet do both.
- Once you’re better at it, challenge yourself, ie add weights, add a hill, go further, go faster.
- Set mini goals. Starting with smaller goals breaks your goal down into easy to achieve doable steps. Giving you little milestones to celebrate on your journey that will keep you motivated and help build momentum to the end goal.
- Reward yourself for meeting your mini goals. People who rewards themselves along the way will go a lot further with their health goals: buying slimmer jeans, getting a massage, taking a staycation, or maybe planning a vacation once you reach your ultimate goal! Keep rewards healthy, so you don’t ruin your hard-won victories. Celebrating your success gives you motivation to keep on going even when the going gets tough, because it gives you something to look forward to.
- Bring a friend, sometimes its easier to stay accountable to ourselves when we recruit a friend, having a partner can make things more enjoyable, and you can feed off each others energy.
- Keep a food journal/log, so you can see where there is room for improvement in your diet. Add more veggies and fruits, cut out processed and sugar loaded food. Think whole natural foods, they are more satisfying and are full of nutrients, vitamins and minerals!
- hydrate, your body won’t run optimally and you will feel hungry if you are not properly hydrated.
- Rest, your body needs proper rest to keep your hormones balanced
Schedule your initial consultation and fitness assessment with your Tsquared personal trainer today. As a Personal Trainer I am here to build a plan that suits your individual fitness level and needs. Your PT will help you understand and overcome your potential obstacles, and work with you keeping you motivated on your road to success as you reach your mini goals to ultimately become your best self! Fitness instructors like the ones at T-Squared are here to create a plan and help you stick to it. At your initial consultation your goals will be recorded and a baseline body composition will be taken, then again after one month into your program and so on.
Staying motivated comes naturally once you have the support and tools you need to succeed. Than as you grow stronger, adjust your challenges and set your goals higher. And don’t forget to reward yourself with something healthy (not junk food!). Create a new pattern of health and fitness in your life and schedule your Gravity Training session.